Follow Us @soratemplates

20120831

Singing Psalms


When I was a kid, my mother used to wake me up in the mornings, singing this Psalm to me – every morning. I didn’t realize it at the time, but this was becoming instilled in me. So much so that when I moved out, when I would wake up on my own, I could still hear ‘her singing’ in my thought processes each and every morning – but it was a good thing to be thinking of every morning [Thank you Mama!]. There is something about knowing that, whatever the day may bring, the Lord is in control because He made ‘THIS DAY.’

I couldn’t help but reminisce this morning about my mornings waking up back at home with my mother, as this morning I was singing this same Psalm to my 1½-year-old little girl as she was awaking from her slumber. I pray that these moments will also be a blessing to her life and that they will create good memories for her and, who knows, maybe the tradition will continue and one day her child(ren) will be waking up to her songs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment